With support from the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), Mekong Institute (MI) is going to organize the Third Online Modular Training Program on “Entrepreneurship Development Through E-Commerce Promotion” on May 23-September 9, 2022. The training program is part of the three-year (2020-2022) capacity building project on “Market Access Through E-Commerce Promotion for Women-Led SMEs”. The program contain three phases:
Phase I: May 23-June 3, 2022
Two-week online training course via Zoom application;
Phase II: June 6-August 30, 2022
Action plan implementation by training participants, i.e.
- organizing national workshops by the group of trade promotion officers, and
- developing export e-market plans by the group of women entrepreneurs in respective Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam within eight-weeks after the training.
Phase III: September 8-9, 2022
The online Synthesis and Evaluation workshop attended by training participants to reflect their action plan implementation results.
The modular training aims to enhance the capacity of women-led SMEs and government officials of trade promotion organizations to explore business opportunities in global market, including Republic of Korea, through e-commerce. More specifically, the program plans to:
- Build capacities of women-led SMEs and trade promotion agencies from CLV for development/enhancement of entrepreneurship among women-led SMEs;
- Improve/update information and knowledge base of the participants of the training on concept, models, modes of delivery, issues and best practices of e-commerce;
- Encourage women-led SMEs from CLV to utilize e-commerce platforms to begin exporting/ expanding exports of their products, in particular to Republic of Korea, as well to import inputs and intermediate goods;
- Support women-led SMEs from CLV in developing their export market plans to establish greater linkages with global and regional value chains.
- By the end of the training program, it is expected to contribute to
- Expansion of businesses of women-led SMEs by identifying opportunities in export markets, including Republic of Korea through e-commerce platforms;
- Improved quality and range of services offered by trade promotion agencies to support exports of women-led SMEs of CLV through e-commerce platforms.
A total of 20 participants from Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam are targeted by the program. They are i) 17 women entrepreneurs representing a wide range of product business sectors, and ii) three government officials from the Business Development Service and Trade Promotion Organizations of related ministries.
The interested applicant shall complete the Online Application Form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/koica-ec2022, and submit by no later than May 18, 2022 at 17:00 (Bangkok Time). For more information of the program, please download the Tentative Curriculum Design Statement and Training Schedule.
Scan to apply the training program!